From Jan 1 2014 until today, baldengineer.com’s traffic has increased 150%. With so many new readers, I thought about how to make better posts for you. That lead me to look at the top posts in 2014. Below are the most viewed posts from the past year, plus some honorable mentions.
Top 10 Posts from 2014
- 5 Myths Everyone Believes about Arduino (that aren’t true)
- millis() Tutorial: Arduino Multitasking
- Arduino: How do you reset millis() ?
- MSGEQ7 Simple Spectrum Analyzer
- When do you use the Arduino’s Serial.flush()?
- Arduino: Sending and Receiving Multi-Digit Integers
- Arduino Internal Pull-Up
- LED Basics
- Open Vapors – Open Source Toaster Reflow Oven – Overview
- Alternatives to Arduino’s Serial Monitor
You know what is interesting? There is only one post for 2014 and it’s #1 on the list. Guess that one resonated with some people. Also, except for #8, the top posts all relate to Arduino in some way.
Since that was a list of the all time posts, here are some posts I created IN 2014, that I thought should make a list.
- 6 Simple Mistakes Electronics Beginners Make
- The best 4 transistors to keep in your parts kit
- 9V Batteries Suck — Any why you shouldn’t use them
- Hands On: National Instrument’s VirtualBench
Thoughts for 2015
Looking forward to the next year, I’m planning to expand posts in a couple of ways. First, there will be more “news” related to products and technologies I hope you will find interesting.
I’m also going to start providing more reviews on tools (software and hardware) and books I think you might find useful.
Of course, these will be mixed in with the Arduino, EAGLE, and Electronics Basics tutorials that already populate the site. Along with whatever new projects I start up or finish (like #9: Open Vapors.)
Question: What tutorials or topics would you like to see covered in 2015? Any suggestions for tools to check-out and provide a review? (Please provide links.) You can leave a comment by clicking here.